Research support expertise
Arizona State University’s Global Security Initiative (GSI) catalyzes defense and security research throughout the university — from building new sponsor relationships through project execution. As part of this mission, GSI offers targeted pre-award support for faculty and staff pursuing security-related research.
GSI has extensive experience with government and industry sponsors, particularly in the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC). GSI has helped create successful projects with federal DoD/IC/DHS sponsors, and has shepherded partnerships with national labs and research-centric industry partners.
Sponsor Engagement and Proposal Support
Cumulative budgets of YTD FY23 submissions
Increase of ASU HERD expenditures for DoD over the past 2 years
GSI-managed pre-proposals/full proposals submitted FY23
- Sponsor/funding opportunity identification and consultation
- Parsing complex funding announcements for eligibility, required components, due dates, etc.
- Building relationships with sponsor program managers
- Administrative proposal management (e.g., proposal formatting and structural considerations, templates, guidelines)
- Team meeting facilitation (e.g., kick-offs and post-submission retrospectives)
- Compile proposal components in collaboration with a Research Advancement Administrator (RA) to streamline submission process
- Liaison with financial and administrative contacts, both internal and external to ASU
- “Red team” review of final proposal (e.g., sponsor relevance, document design, funding announcement compliance)
Sponsor engagement and proposal resources
Supporting research funding for the Global Security Initiative